ROAD RASH IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!
or in my case....A PAIN IN THE HIP!

Earlier this week I took a turn too fast and felt the leaf covered world get pulled out from under me. The whole experience was painful, the injuries were far less than I could have been. I walked, well pedaled, away body and bike in tact, so I am not all that worried about it. As a matter of fact I am thankful to have the occassional humbling experience to help me to keep things in check. It is good to be reminded of the frailty of the human body and the risks of riding a bicycle, such small accidents can aid in avoiding larger accidents in the future.

Days have passed since this event and I am slowly on the mend.
My hip is swollen and tender with a large rasberry the size of the palm of my hand. This rasberry demands all sorts of attention. I am constantly forced to clean it out, apply Neosporin and a gauze pad, and walk in a fashion that does not aggravate it. Sleeping offeres me one hip to sleep on. And any contact to the area sends painful sensations throughout my whole body.

It is raining outside.
Glad I got a few short rides in this week.
Not riding as much as I would like, but it is difficult to ride without a definite goal in site.