I am a Bicycle Geek....

Bicycles are and have been a part of my identity...
recently I have come to notice that I have become a bit of a bicycle geek that wears his bicycle identity on his shirt sleeve, not intentionally, but obviously just the same....

The other night when Tom and I rode our bikes one zip code over to go to the new and improved neighborhood bar, The Wonderland Ballroom, a friend of a friend alerted me to me obvious and outward bicycle geekiness by simply asking, "are you into bikes?"

Before answering this question I took a step back in my head and looked at myself. In addition to arriving on my bicycle, having my NUTCRACKER lights and all strapped to my camelback commuter pack stuffed with my helmet, headlamp, and gloves, I was also wearing a MORE t-shirt, an old Big Wheel Bikes baseball cap, and cycling shoes. I took a seat, took off my hat, and said, "yes, I am into bikes." (without getting defensive...)

The next day I took a look at the clothing in my closet, the clothing in my dresser, and the clothing on the floor. Most everything I saw was bicycle related.... beyond the various lycra and gortex bicycle specific stuff including multiple helmets and many bicycle specific gloves, socks, and hats.... every baseball cap I owned either had my current employer's logo or some sort of bicycle industry logo stamped on the front..... then the t-shirts from races and various events.... there is not infinite space for storage of clothing so occassionally there needs to be some cleaning.... some stuff stays and some stuff goes... it seems that everything that was not earned at a race or an event related to the bicycle industry has been donated to charity of downgraded to rag status for cleaning my many bicycle chains.

Never thought I would become this guy with such a transparent identity....
guess my next step is a vanity plate and a chainring tattoo
(okay.... never a vanity plate.... )