What motivates people?
and other nonsensical topics to aid in me finishing the end of what was a productive day

I do not know what motivates people...
most certainly there are different answers for different people for each question

for example...

Why do some people drive their cars with their music so loud?

is it so that the bumping bass sets of car alarms?
or
is it so that people will look over and pay attention to them as they roll past?
I do not know...

I have not asked...
all I know is that there are times when I am in my car or on the sidewalk and some joker with after market rims goes by with their windows open and the volume so high that it is most definitely causing some long term damage!

do people do things for themselves or for other people?

for example...
motorcycles....

do people ride motorcycles for the ease in finding an urban parking space, the feeling of taking a curve filled road really fast, or so that they can walk into a bar with a leather jacket and a helmet?

sure... motorcycles are a "way of life"

but... for so many reasons motorcycles are impractical
(here are a few reasons; groceries, friends, rain, and alcohol)

I rode motorcycles for years...
but never went without also having a car...
it would be hell driving out to the trails with my mountainbike on a motorcycle

eventually I realized... A good day for a motorcycle is a good day for the bicycle...
I had no need for both
(that is not to say that I will not own a motorcycle again... I love motorcycles as a luxury toy!)


tattoos and piercing...

the self motivation for each of these can be very personal

fashion is the only real answer...

but I do not get why someone has to wear a sleeveless t-shirt in the winter to show their ink
or why someone has to stick out their tongue and show their piercing each time they get their picture taken
(again... that is not to say that I will not get more tattoos or piercings in the future)

culture and trends.... t
his whole
"dog as an accessory" thing is odd to me....
I love my dogs... but I do not want a dog that I need to carry around in a Gucci purse!

okay... I should stay away from fashion issues... I am just actin old and uncool
I am old and uncool

RETRO

in some ways RETRO Wigs me Out....
in Fashion... in Cycling...
you name it
most RETRO stuff sucks
for example..
I have an old pair of VANS skate shoes... even with inserts they are no better than slippers... running down the block would give me flat feet
(okay.. I admit it.. I am a slave to fashion.. I am not above such things.. we have to wear something)
in cycling...
thumb shifters suck... they sucked in 1985... no arguement

bad 80's fashion.... it was bad in the 80's... I know it... I lived it
why is it do the "indy rock kids" dress like kids dressed back when I was in junior high?
the haircuts... the shoes...
I am sure that they look as silly to me as a kid dressed like a "greaser" would look to my parents... just a tad out of place... perhaps a bit of a costume