ICE Your Cell Phones
ICE stands for In Case of Emergency

this is a trend in London which is finally traveling across the pond
everyone should do this...
not just in case of an injury resulting from a terrorist attack
but
also in the case of any other personal injury

as a cyclist I think this should be the least of our precautionary measures
I may expand my personal protection to a sticker on my bike and on my helmet as well

I remember back in my misspent youth going to DC Punk Shows on my motorcycle
there was one rider who always wore full leathers even in the summer heat
I took his precautions to heart and tried to wear helmet, jacket, and studded gloves all the time
in addition to his body armour this rider also had messages on his helmet

"DO NOT REMOVE HELMET... REMOVAL OF HELMET MAY INCREASE NECK INJURY"

was one message I remember... other message of similiar self protection have been forgotten

accidents... crashing... getting hit
it is part of the two wheeled experience
maybe I should prep myself for the worst
as morbid or perhaps fatalistic as it may seem
if unconcious we can not tell those around us who to call or what medications we may be allergic to

Article on ICE on CBS.com
and an article on NEWS.com