The Only American Waiter
a book by my neighbor Jim Reed
honestly.... the only books I read these days are to the kids
there are other books.... but those are coloring books

Jim is quite a character
if his writing is as interesting as his conversations
it must be a good read
and I am not saying this for fear that he may read my BLOG

the cover image is of Jim
it is a few years old
but
the image captures his persona quite well
the book

talking with Jim about the neighborhood of Mount Pleasant can be fun
his perspective predates my experience by multiple decades
makes me realize
a great book would be a collection of short stories about the neighborhood from various neighborhood folk from the "old school"
fact or fiction
it would be great to get these stories down
as oral history is gone if it is not documented