8.28.2006

PV Glider.... a hundred bucks!


the PV GLIDER seems like a nice option
but
the price is still too high for me
to move away from the training wheels
I can not justify paying a hundred bucks
plus 20 bucks shipping

for a product that seems no better than the standard bike

I have kids bikes salvaged from the trash that I could easily remove the cranks from to give a kick model bike for the kids durning their transition between training wheels and non-training wheels

adults will remove the pedals and cranks to create what is called "a gravity bike"
there was a death involving a gravity bike and a car this weekend

single speeders remove gears and deraileurs
gravity bikers remove cranks and pedals
downhillers remove engines from motorycles... well almost
what will be removed next?

4 comments:

Johan Mörén said...

Cool. like the videos of the PV Glider.

I think one thing you won't get rid of if you strip a regular kids bike of it's cranks is the weight. A regular kids bike with 16-20 inch wheels weighs as much as your average grown-up commuter or mountainbike.

I found a company in sweden that sells similar bikes to the PV Glider and their bikes weighs between 3 and 4 kilos. 1/3 of the weight of my daughters first "real" 16 inch bike.

post about it here.

/Johan

edmondello said...

checkout www.pvglider.com we have improved our products greatly. There are now 2 models the Mini Glider made out of Alloy for kids 2-5 and the Go Glider alloy for kids 6-9. They come in Red Blue And Pink.

Anonymous said...

Just a note....I found Bikes That Teach while googling Pv Glider and they ship for absolutely free within the continental US. I love my new Pv Glider, Bikes That Teach has individuals that also give excellent advice on balance bikes..
www.bikesthatteach.com

Anonymous said...

Just a note:
I found Bikes That Teach while googling Pv Glider and they shipped us a bike for free within the continental US. They also have employees that give great advice on balance bikes for kids...here is their website.
www.bikesthatteach.com