shenandoah mountain 100.. still in question for me

here it is
the tail end of august
the shenadoah mountain one hundred is just weeks away
labor day weekend to be more precise

this week was meant to be a barometric reading for me
but...
a broken frame
a broken chain
and
a heavily bruised hip and sore left side kept me from rocking out a long road ride to see where my body is at

got to tow the kids in the trailer this afternoon
but
that does not tell me much
as although I lacked power for speed
I had no complaints with endurance
ironically... power is usually what I possess
while endurance is usually high on my long list of short comings

will ride a few post work rides on the Specialized Tri-Cross this week
that should be a good way to get out of town and see how my legs and lungs feel

the crash did more than bruise my hip
it bruised my ego and stripped me of some confidence

so much of the SM100 is mental
and right now
I just can not get my head around things