a monster in the house

there is a monster in our house...

the decade old N64 has infected our home
addiction and compulsion are a part of the human animal
just as I blog for pleasure... I also blog out of compulsion
not just pleasure... but need
addiction and compulsion are part of me

right now my five year old son and 38 year old wife are fighting over whose turn is it
addiction and compulsion are part of my wife and children

the wife has scored a good number of stars
while my five year old is showing the frustration of a five year old... not willing to listen... not willing to go through the steps that need to be gone through to work the natural progression
it is frustrating to watch
it is frustrating to guide
he has turned this thing off and walked away a number of times
only to return again

the game is fresh in the house
the frequency of play and the allowance of play is going to settle into a controled level after the weekend