Roller Derby 101

okay...
even after my scanning the web for Roller Derby information I am not in any position to teach Roller Derby 101

but...
Ruby Kahn gave me a few links to get the story straight
the Wikipedia definition was fact filled with history and rules and all sort of links
the World Flat Track Derby Association showed that there are teams all over
and the roller derby blog got me to some good links, some links with video

in the end I scanned some text and watched some videos
facts been known... research and studying have never been strengths of mine
but
I did enjoy seeing some of the short track action
even if I did not understand the rules

go to YOUTUBE and do a search
or
seek out the trailers for various movies on the topic

it turns out Roller Derby is more than just a myspace page and a cool logo on the back of a sleeveless jean jacket