short commutes... short rides... no real riding to speak of

it is winter

with no races on the immediate horizon it is hard for me to stay motivated

a few weeks ago I had a short burst of mountain bike adventures
got out on the Surly Karate Monkey Single and was reminded how much I love riding that bike
the Specialized Tri-Cross still has a rear flat from the Capitol Cross Classic in Reston
much of cyclocross is about cyclocross racing
while mountain biking is pretty much about mountain biking
even if mountain bike racing is part of the equation

today I rode the three decade old Colnago that I frankenbiked into a fixie
the fixie is a good bike for crossing town when I am in no hurry and have no grand work out ambitions


right now my basement is a mess
things have hit a critical level
it is time to take control of the basement
an avalanche of junk has overflowed
it has gotten to the point where I do not know where anything is
the Colnago was out of the rotation for a few weeks because I could not find a single bolt that I knew I had
it is out of control

need to focus on gathering bike parts for the bike swap
getting rid of some stuff
donating what can be used
tossing out what is trash

which reminds me....
maybe I should call Tommy...
I brought that backpack of clothes to work the other day
about time I handed that stuff over


calories are being consumed
very few calories are being burned

some good hikes and some good walks
lots of chasing the kids
very little time on the bike
a few cross town trips
but nothing more
when things dry out I need to get out on some dirt