music on the brain

the police reunion tour
had not given it much thought

the police are awesome
who doesn't love the police?

but...
for me the police drifted after Zendetta Mondatta

their first three records were key
but the police went the way of combat rock with ghost in the machine
it was purchased
it was played
but it was the beginning of the end

the specials, the selector, madness... and even fatty buster bloodvessel and bad manners
these were filling my ska need along with the english beat
the police remained as part of my history
I still have the vinyl for the first four albums
did not even purchase Synchronicity
even though the geeky record collector in my could appreciate that there were thrity three different record covers for the first release of that album

okay... that may be urban myth


the police are cool
those albums were great
but it did not appeal to my perspective at the time
it is all very funny to look back upon

if you have never seen The Who QUADROPHENIA... see it!
and of course listen to it... it is a side of The Who that not everyone knows.


and GOLDEN HOUR OF THE KINKS is an amazing record that makes me realize how great it would be to have my turn table hooked up
listening to records would a great activity over television