the flight of icarus...

Tony Atkin aka Tony Tyman
Tyman? not Thai-man?

I am scanning the web to try and bring trust worthy hearsay to fact...

I am coming up empty
I can not even find a picture to go with the words

I heard that this weekend past a man known as Thaiman died
thaiman was one of the members of the DC skate crew known as the THE TOKE TEAM
at least I remember he used to run with The Toke Team... I can not even confirm if he was in fact a member

the toke team were pretty decadent in their day
like hells angels or better yet... the lost boys
only trade motorcycles for skateboards
sure... there was a little point break in there
although I can not confirm that there were any bank robberies
yet I am sure it was considered
and there may well have been some breaking of some laws

The Thai-man whose first name was Tony whose last name is unknown to me is said to be dead

Thai-man R.I.P.
may that be Rest In Peace, Ride In Peace, or Rage In Peace
I hope that Thai-man is at peace
his life was a rough road
a road that very few would care to travel

although I have seen no official press
I have heard from various unattached sources that Thaiman did die on this Saturday past
Peace Thaiman

in my search I took a skate down a memory lane that I did not exist on but existed near...
Cedar Crest Site with some epic images

gwadzilla archive from a few years back about the toke team
that post may fill in some blanks

I still think that this crew of skaters are as interesting, as vital, and as documentary worthy as the dogtown crew

I skated... but never well
but the overlap of skate/punk/messenger/mountain bike had a good number of each subculture at the same keg or the same bars