reponse to phil...

response to phil...

a comment was made by a reader named phil
something about how he thought that bicycles were supposed to ride as far to the
right of the road as they possibly can

phil... I think that the law is that the cyclist is to ride as far to the right
as they feel is safe
and well...
that is often the center of the lane
my life is important to me... but my life is not so important to the car driver behind me

the car driver may try to make an unsafe pass risking my life
so... there are times when I take the full lane
making the intelligent decision for those not smart enough to make the right choice
everyone's best interest is being taken into account
in the end... the driver does not get to their destination any later

and I arrive alive

I am not sure if I will ever understand the logic of the car driver
the frustration that they feel when they are behind a cyclist
the never ending need to be in front of that person on the bicycle
it is odd
it is absurd