camera upgrade?


camera upgrade?
it would be easy... but can I justify this during this economy?

I have two Panasonic cameras that I should contact Panasonic about....
my SLR-like Panasonic Lumix with a camera body died last winter
powered down and never came back
the battery seems to charge up... the viewing screen blanked out a few times before the camera shut down
and my Panasonic Lumix point and shoot froze with the lens open... this is an issue I have seen repeated online... it happened on vacation and I went into denial and immediately bought the same camera to lessen my frustration
have been meaning to borrow a friend's matching device to trouble shoot

can I justify the upgrade?
would I risk going to the Panasonic after these issues?

perhaps an effort to warranty these devices will aid in my final decision on Panasonic as a company

these glorified Point and Shoots are AWESOME! HOT SHOE AND ALL!

Canon Power Shot G10
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3K

will have to check out some reviews later
here is something on WIRED