some babbling on FACEBOOK

this is a comment rant about music I threw on a FACEBOOK status update...

I started in on a response... clumsy fingers sent this page back to SCRABBLE... maybe it was my subconscious


growing up in the DC area the notions of the DC scene trickled down to form my ideas and opinions

there was some East vs. West thoughts
and of course we were pro-East which made us anti-west

DC takes its music seriously
we are a culture ... Read Moreof people with sticks up their ass
we are a tad uptight

the film AMERICAN HARDCORE touched on the society's contribution to the identity of the bands

DC bands were not formed from teen run aways squatting in some abandoned houses

Kenny from Marginal Man was interviewed not because of his status in the scene... but as a metaphor for who these people were
these children were the spawn of parents who were something


most of the parents were educated contributors to on of the various intellectual machines of Washington DC

so my musical tastes may touch on the LA thing or the PUNK thing from across the pond
DC was never really the hometown for the mohawk

continued in another comment...

is it possible.... I maxed out that comment...

in short...
I was more into Minor Threat than Stiff Little Finger, which is not to say I did not like/love/listen to UK Subs or The Damned...


so... Dischord records has a stronger presence in my collection than Epitaph or SST
even if Black Flag DAMAGE was one of my favorite records

that is enough now
I am tired of typing

American Hardcore
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419434/
Dischord Records
http://www.dischord.com/
DOA (sexpistols one and only us tour)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082226/

and then an epic film that I saw on VHS a hundred and one times

SUBURBIA
New York Times review
if you have not seen it... NETFLIXS!

I guess I could just ask...
but I fear that it is a situation where I should already know
anyone know what band LIBERTYBIKES was/is in?
http://libertyonbikes.blogspot.com/