grifters and skimmers?

last night to close off summer vacation the night before the first day of school I went to Haines Point with the family for some food and some miniature golf fun...

when getting a beer from the snack bar the guy behind the register gave me change for a five when I gave him a ten...
after I corrected him he gave me the correct change
but... was it an error or was he tipping himself?

then...
when we went to play Miniature Golf the kid at the register could not take a credit card... but he asked for half in cash and the rest be paid for at the pro shop on the credit card... we lacked enough cash to pay in full
but why could he not take the full amount on the card?

grifters and skimmers?
or just people making mistakes or doing things in an unorthodox fashion?

GWADZILLA + Awakening