it is true... I do not follow sports... not even cycling

WHO WILL BE 2010 DC CHAMP
photo by Kevin Dillard

yes... it is true

I do not follow sports
not even cycling
sure I will watch some of le Tour... some World Cup... and some Olympics
but for the most part
I do not watch sports on television

this is not to say I do not watch television
movies on HBO and then Mad Men... 30 Rock... and Parenthood are all in my rotation
but sports... I do not follow it

which is awkward at times... I am frequently dim about the conversation
sometimes I glance at the newspaper as I wake with my coffee in the morning on Monday so that I will know what people are talking about when then discuss the status of the local football team
this Monday the Redskins were involved in Monday Night Football... which pushed that conversation back to Tuesday
people are still talking about it now
apparently... they did not play so well...

I really did not catch anything more than the score
the score tells all I need to know... no need to scan the web for highlights... or lowlights

I am not entirely sure how this absence of sports on the television is going to effect the development of my two young boys
socially or athletically

not playing the sports on the tube makes it such that when I do try to expose them to it
they do not really get into it
they do not really get it

they have never seen a World Series game... they have not seen much more than the commercials at the Super Bowl... and I am do not know if the basketball title has a label more than the championship
clearly this has to have an effect on their lives at school and with their friends\peers

as for WHO WILL BE THE 2010 DISTRICT CHAMP?
I do not know who is in the running