I am saddened by the shooting in Arizona this weekend past

I am saddened by the shooting in Arizona this weekend past
this did not need to happen
easily accessible guns are a contributing factor incidents like this

gun folk love their guns
me... I do not see much need for guns

sure... hunt for sport... even go to the range
but for home protection?
come on... really
that is no way to live your life

Lynrd Skynyrd Saturday Night Special Live '76
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK_EyS6xamc

years ago I was up by Flagstaff hiking Humphrey's Peak... I saw some people with guns hanging from my belt
it made me uncomfortable... I avoided them... I had no desire to be near them
I think that there are many ways to resolve conflict before even considering a gun
but... if there is a gun near by
well... then the gun may factor into the equation well before any of the other coping mechanism surface

9 Year old Shot was a symbol of hope
/www.nationalpost.com

and talk about Sarah Palin's retoiric having influence on these actions
"targeting" people in the Democratic party
www.huffingtonpost.com