Fort Dupont... Fort Circle

Fort Dupont...
the only legal mountain biking in The District

honestly... if I have to put my bike on the car... Fort Dupont is hardly a justifiable destination
another 15 minutes I could be at Rosaryville
or maybe Wakefield or even Laurel Hill
Fountainhead or Schaffer would just be a tad further

if I am going to do the mini-Epic where I ride to the trails... hit some dirt... then ride home
again... Fort Dupont may not have the terrain to justify the effort
I have ridden to the Cabin John Trails just outside the beltway a few times
again... a more justifiable effort

a few years back IMBA and MORE had considering "developing" the trails of Fort Dupont
somehow that discussion stopped short of action
it may be time to re-open that discussion

make these trails worth visiting...
make these trails worth riding for the local population
add a pump track... then we may have a reason to drive there!

Fort Dupont on OPEN STREET MAP by Darren of DCMTB
www.openstreetmap.org

http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=Fort+Dupont