I have been curious for years.... BATS!

DC has a serious bug problem
more specifically mosquitoes

for years I wondered if we increased the Bat Habitat
could we decrease the mosquito presence

I have made calls trying to find out what sort of bat house would offer a place for indigenous bats to "nest"
but... I have not found the answers I was looking for

I have emailed bat experts on the topic
but... I have not gotten any answers at all

yes... I question the risks of man getting involved with nature
but really
with the housing explosion and the presence of cars-trucks-planes with all their noise and all their pollution
I have to say... we have already altered the balance

bats and butterflies
how tough would it be
a few bat boxes and some butterfly bushes
how tough could that be?

www.grist.org