hunger strike


this photo is a few years old
just a random photo of a random cyclist

then to the present
a few years later I see a image on Facebook
that person in that photo reminded me of the moment I took this photo
with the aid of Google I tracked down this image
through the powers of electronic communication of this modern age I made contact
we had some back and forth
both recalling the day
each of us remembering the photo being taken

now Adrian is involved in a Hunger Strike in an effort to bring voting rights to Washington DC


I did not take this photo
I would have tried to get both high heels in the shot

Adrian Parsons is the last remaining person able to maintain the hunger strike

I hope Adrian made it to Christmas
and for his health
I hope that Adrian calls off his strike and resumes eating