ah... the photo process... the unappreciated process

it is funny....

the photo process is not an easy one

it is not hard
but it is not free and easy
especially when it is a sidebar to my attention
I may be walking to lunch or riding my bike to work
and the camera is part of the process
but not the center of the focus

I do my part
then the cyclists need to do theirs

if a cyclist passes and they turn their head
well... then I have basically missed the shot

if the cyclist turns the corner when I expect them to go straight
well... then I have basically missed the shot

if the cyclist closes their eyes when I take the picture
yes, you guessed it
I have basically missed the shot

there are also issues of lighting and movement

then the passing of cars around the cyclist or pedestrians stepping in front of me and my camera

it is a process that I have adapted into part of my everyday
a compulsion more than a pleasure

a habit more than a hobby

something I do
something I can not explain

maybe watching the film, EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP
will give me insight into my own madness