watching this again...


Bill Cunningham New York
www.zeitgeistfilms.com


Joel Gwadz Washington DC?
GWADZILLA DC?

my effort pales in comparison to the effort of Bill Cunningham
but I think our mission is similar
it is a passion... it is a compulsion
it is something of an obligation

Bill Cunningham was lucky enough to have his passion become his life's work as well as his occupation
me... the photo thing and the blog are a sidebar

often money kills a person's passion
so often someone becomes a photographer and never takes photos for pleasure again
but Bill... Bill shied away from money
in fact... in his work with DETAILS magazine he said he did not take any money so no one could tell him what to do
not everyone can have that ethic
maybe Bill Cunningham 
maybe Ian Mackaye
but who else can "afford" to take the high road
who else? name someone.

THIS VIDEO WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE on facebook
www.facebook.com


28 bicycles stolen
if only the thieves knew what they were stealing from who
I guess they would not care... they never care
if they cared they would not steal

oh how Bill Cunningham treasures each image
his relationship with the photograph
that moment
that person
that connection... I know it... in some ways I feel it
perhaps not to that level... but something similar

then... Bill Cunningham's connection to the subject
his subjects became his friends
they fueled off each other
I get this... I live this
I have this same experience with the people I photograph
there is a connection
it builds a short quick friendship

back to the parallels
when I see the commitment of Bill Cunningham
his life offers this opportunity
no wife... no children... never having a lover... maybe never having a best friend
lots 

trailer

On the Street 

NEW YORK on the GWADZILLA page