why do people hate cops? why do cops do things that would give people reason to hate them

this morning I was going through my standard routine...

my alarm went off...
I fought the urge to hit the snooze bar and gave my dog Didg 2 seconds of puppy love before I put my feet on the floor and started my day

hustling around the house trying to get out of the house on time so I could get to work on time I was dressed to walk the dog... had coffee in hand... dog on leash... then out onto the porch
on the front porch I was back in the house in a flash
it was a tad colder than anticipated so I retreated to the comfort of home where I grabbed a wool hat and another layer for my upper body



Take Two-
hat on my head... windbreaker zipped up... coffee in hand... dog on leash
I was out the door ready to start my morning routine

down the sidewalk and down to the edge of the street

the road I live on is rather busy
it is a residential road
but it is also a major cross town ventricle
so... I wait patiently for there to be a safe moment to pass

the cars are rushing by pretty fast
there is no safe gap for me to get across the street
so... I sip my coffee as I wait
looking up hill I see that up hill traffic has the Green Light and the Green Turn Arrow
which means Park Road traffic coming downhill has the Green Right Turn Arrow
so I wait for the up hill traffic to get the red... which happens simultaneously to the downhill traffic getting the Red Turn Arrow

the light changes color.. I allow the cars to pass... I wait for one more car to go... this car speeds through... at this point the light is red... this last car more than likely ran the red... I am accustom to that
after this last car passes there is an opening... no cars coming up hill... and no cars coming downhill
so I start across the street

still taking into account approaching traffic I watch as one more car comes screaming down the hill
coming down Park Road... not slowing for the light... and well... not slowing for me
I see them and hold my ground
I slow my step hoping that they will slow their car
at this point I am a little nervous and take in various details of the car coming my way
one thing catches my attention... FP
Maryland tags... with that FP... Fraternal Order of Police?

they do not slow... I am still moving... I am now crossing the double yellow line with my dog at my side
the downhill car has never slowed
they maintain their speed
the just as they are about to pass... they swerve towards me a bit
threatening both to me and my dog

ASSHOLE! DICK! PRICK!
this all goes through my mind
no free hand to issue the bird
and I am across the street
into the woods... sanctuary

MUTHAFCKER! 

DOUBLE MUTHAFCKER IF YOU ARE A COP!

it irks me...
it bothers me...
the obnoxious self righteous behavior of the scofflaw car driver is enough to enrage me
but add the mark on the license plate that indicated that the driver is a police officer
well... let me add this one for you

RUNNING A RED LIGHT
SPEEDING

FAILURE TO YIELD TO A PEDESTRIAN
and
AGGRESSIVELY THREATENING A PEDESTRIAN WITH A CAR

well... that looks like WRECKLESS DRIVING TO ME
can I issue the ticket? can I revoke this drivers license?
where is a cop when you need one?

one last thing...
on Saturday I went for a ride with my son Dean... actually... I went for a 6 mile ride with my son Grant... and then I went for a 20 mile ride with my son Dean
on the ride with Dean we went pretty much as car free as we could go
in our travels on the road the one car that stood out as being the MOST OBNOXIOUS! MOST DANGEROUS! AND CLOSEST PASSING! was an SUV with a large DC Police Sticker Shield on the back hatch back

FCKER! MTHER FCKER!
bad enough that you pass me obnoxiously fast and obnoxiously close

but you passed my 12 year old son in that same fashion
ON A STRETCH OF ROAD IN ROCK CREEK PARK
operative word PARK... not SPEEDWAY... but PARK

ASSHOLES!
so man cops think that they are above the law

it is actions like this that lessen one's love for law enforcement
rather than protect and serve
they are harassing and putting people at risk