COUNTDOWN TO TOUR DE FAT! ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!

May 31st is the Tour de Fat at Yards Park in Washington DC
INFO ABOUT THE TOUR DE FAT ON FACEBOOK

if you have to ask.. you'll never know

if you do not have epic plans for next weekend
the Tour de Fat in Washington DC is where you should be

I am still looking for volunteers for Bike Valet and for a mid afternoon H2o Duty

interested?

it fuels the fun to volunteer at an event like this
and 
there is a free New Belgium Tour de Fat t-shirt for each volunteer
contact me direct if you want to volunteer

gwadzilla8@yahoo.com


the Tour de Fat is hard to explain... but so is this picture
but at least the moment is being interpreted for the deaf by Steven 
go steve go
these guys are actually really funny
and the first time I saw Steve signing I thought he was using South African sign language
but it turns out he is legit
and it is an asset to the event to have him volunteer his skills for the deaf attendees 


there is all sorts of entertainment
there are drummers as a side show

and drums on the main stage

last year had The Beats Antiques 
this woman had a nice drum

the music for the event is always completely unknown to me
thus far each band has rocked the house!
I would guess that this year will be no different
I am looking forward to it


lots of people show up in costume... I am not sure if I was in costume


the day is family friendly.... my kids were there for the full day and never got bored
they got hot and tired
but they did not get bored!
this year... they have an event in the morning
hopefully they can hang in the afternoon


costumes encouraged
this event has all sorts of participation for the attendees

the BIKE PIT at the Tour de Fat is a highlight for me
but I do not think I can go in the pitt with my busted elbow this year
those carnies sure know how to make a messed up machine


it is a cool crowd... most of the people are good people
lots of bike people
bike people and beer people
and bike beer people