China Block is officially no longer Chinese... Hooterstown... Potbellytown... Verizontown... but not Chinatown... The Kung Fu Gift Store is closed which is one of the last throwbacks to Chinatown being Chinese


Chinatown's Kung Fu Gift Shop is no more!

say it is not so...  please say it is not so

earlier this week my younger son Grant said he wanted to go to Chinatown so that he could buy something at the Kung Fu Gift Shop
he wanted some sort of weapon... not nunchucks or a knife... but something more
so when passing this shop on my bike headed home from work I saw the 20-50% off sale on the window

well... I did not realize that the shoe would drop so fast


EVICTED!

US Marshals and a large crew of movers
evicted... evacuated... cleared out

GONE!
DONE!
the last Chinese soldier standing is no more
Chinatown has very little Chinese left... maybe not enough to call it Chinatown... not even enough to be known as Chinablock


oh no... say it is not so
change
not all change is good
but change is inevitable 

bummer...
the Gift Store was associated with a Kung Fu martial arts studio
my guess... that is no more... maybe it will move... maybe it folded
sad to see it go

also bummed... I could have bought some stuff at this fire sale
I had wanted Chinese slippers... I could have stocked the house with slippers on this clearance sale


the loss is great
great for the family that owned this shop
then also... a great loss to the community
the city is losing its character

CAPITALISM KILLS CHARACTER!

CHARACTER CAN NOT COMPETE!




Money talks... the old school shop owners walk
no more Chinese markets...
no more Chinese weapons store...
fewer Chinese restaurants...
MORE ANYWHERE USA THAN WE NEED


ah... not a good way to start this rainy day
wish I had responded to that sale sign sooner
if for no other reason to make my last pass through that store
and to put some money in the store owner's pockets

chase those links below

Chinese


Chinatown and Chinablock on the Gwadzilla Page


SHIT ON THE SIDEWALK!
my understanding... the low dollar shit will stay on the sidewalk
the expensive stuff will be taken away by the marshalls